Receive for Free - Discover & Explore eNewsletter monthly with advance notice of special offers, packages, and insider savings from 10% - 30% off Best Available Rates at selected hotels.View Most Recent Edition
About Historic Hotels Worldwide®
Historic Hotels Worldwide® is the official program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation (in the USA) for increasing the recognition and celebration of the finest historic hotels around the world. Historic Hotels Worldwide is a prestigious collection of historic treasures, including historic hotels, castles, chateaus, palaces, academies, haciendas, villas, monasteries, and other historic lodging spanning ten centuries. Historic Hotels Worldwide represents the finest global collection of more than 300 historic hotels in more than 40 countries. Historic Hotels Worldwide is dedicated to promoting heritage and cultural travel to prestigious historic treasures. Hotels inducted into Historic Hotels Worldwide are authentic historic treasures, demonstrate historic preservation, and celebrate historic significance.
Embracing luxury hotel brands, chains, collections, and the finest independent historic hotels, participation is limited to those distinctive historic hotels that adhere to the following criteria:
- Minimum age for the building is 75 years or older
- Historically relevant as a significant location within a historic district, historically significant landmark, place of a historic event, former home of a famous person, or historic city center
- Hotel celebrates its history by showcasing memorabilia, artwork, photography, and other examples of its historic significance
- Recognized by national preservation or heritage buildings organization or located within a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Presently used as historic hotel.
Historic Hotels Worldwide Fact Sheet 2022
Nominate a Historic Hotel
Do you know of a hotel that embodies the essence of Historic Hotels Worldwide and would be a great addition to this prestigious group? Submit a nomination form
Reservations made through Historic Hotels Worldwide support the National Trust for Historic Preservation, a private, nonprofit membership organization in the United States dedicated to saving historic places and revitalizing America's communities. Visit SavingPlaces.org for more information.
Historic Hotels Awards of Excellence Winners
Each year, the Historic Hotels Awards of Excellence program honors, encourages, and recognizes the most exemplary historic hotels, hoteliers, and leadership practices. The Historic Hotels Awards of Excellence are presented to historic hotels and hoteliers demonstrating innovative leadership, stewardship, and contribution to furthering the recognition, preservation, and celebration of these preeminent historic hotels and their histories. Awards were presented before an audience of industry leaders, owners, senior management, and representatives of the finest historic hotels from across America and from around the world. Honors were given in multiple categories ranging from Historic Hotelier of the Year and Hotel Historian of the Year, to Best Historic Resort, Best City Center Historic Hotel, Lifetime Achievement, and more. Read about our most recent Historic Hotels Awards of Excellence Winners.
Discover & Explore™ - the monthly newsletter
SSubscribe using the Newsletter link below to receive advance notice of epic deals, specials, and seasonal sales. Regular features include History Mystery, Culinary Recipes from the Past, and insights from Guest Historians. Subscribe to this free monthly newsletter or explore previous issues here.
Historic Hotels Worldwide Annual Directory
View and download the Historic Hotels Worldwide 2020-2021 Digital Directory
Benefits for Historic Hotels Inducted into Historic Hotels Worldwide
- Curated and expansive hotel profile on HistoricHotelsWorldwide.com, including hotel history, map, unlimited photos, unique features and amenities, local cultural experiences, and publicly available rates and packages.
- Invitation to exclusive media events and exposure to top-tier editors and media based in North America with a focus on historic hotels, heritage and cultural tourism, across print, digital, social media, and broadcast.
- Opportunity to purchase advertising at reduce rates in Preservation, the award-winning, quarterly magazine of the National Trust for Historic Preservation (in the United States), with quarterly readership of more than one million which includes 50,000 guestrooms in 200+ Historic Hotels of America® hotels and more than 300,000 readers via a print or digital edition.
- As a global program for showcasing historic hotels, Historic Hotels Worldwide provides a definitive resource for travelers to discover historic hotels and their inspired architecture, cultural traditions, and authentic cuisine.
- Historic Hotels Worldwide is a prestigious collection of historic treasures, including historic hotels, castles, chateaus, palaces, academies, haciendas, villas, monasteries, and other historic lodging spanning ten centuries. Historic Hotels Worldwide features the finest global historic accommodation collection.
- Invitation to attend the Historic Hotels Annual Conference, the only global heritage and cultural tourism conference for the finest historic hotels and resorts. The fall annual conference includes many educational and networking opportunities designed specifically for historic hotel owners, asset managers, general managers, sales and marketing professionals.
- Opportunity to be nominated for and to win a Historic Hotels Award of Excellence, the prestigious annual awards for the finest historic hotels, including Best Historic Hotels Worldwide Hotel in Europe, Best Historic Hotels Worldwide Hotel in Asia/Pacific, and Best Historic Hotels Worldwide Hotel in the Americas.
- Exposure to affinity membership and promotional marketing programs of Historic Hotels Worldwide® and Historic Hotels of America® such as the 500,000+ heritage and cultural travelers in North America that are donors, members, or supporters of the National Trust for Historic Preservation in the United States, a member of the International National Trusts Organization.
- Opportunity for inclusion in Discover & Explore™, the monthly historic hotels, heritage, and cultural travel e-newsletter emailed monthly to more than 300,000 households in the United States.
- Access to more than 4,000 decision makers and travel planners at preservation, historic, and cultural organizations in the United States.
- License to use the Historic Hotels Worldwide® logo on the historic hotel’s website, digital marketing, social media, and printed materials.
For more information contact:
Vice President, Administration & Operations
Tel: +1 202 772 8336